MathematicsThe LESA mathematics curriculum reflects the importance of mathematical literacy for all students. Guidelines are in accordance with the National Council of Teachers in Mathematics, Missouri Show-Me Standards and Illinois State Goals. To meet these expectations, our curriculum is student-centered and will allow for exploration, discovery, conjecture, and application of mathematics.
To facilitate student learning, teachers utilize a variety of techniques such as direct instruction, cooperative learning and appropriate use of computers and calculators.
Through numerous and interrelated mathematical experiences, students will work to attain the following goals:
- become mathematical problem-solvers
- communicate mathematically
- reason mathematically
- connect mathematics to their daily lives
- develop confidence in their own abilities to do mathematics
- appreciate and understand the role of mathematics in real-world situations